Kimberly McCullough Leaving General Hospital 2011

Hot on the heels of the announcement that Jonathan Jackson is leaving General Hospital, Kimberly McCullough has announced she too is leaving General Hospital. Add to that the announcement that Prospect Park is suspending it's plans to bring All My Children and One Life to Live to the Internet. Not good news for soap fans.
Kimberly is leaving GH to focus on her directing career. She will continue to air into early 2012. Apparently there will be a must watch exit storyline for Robin and Patrick.
In the November 22, 2011 issue of Soap Opera Digest Kimberly addressed rumors by saying:
"If I were to leave, it would be tough. I've grown up here, but I see it as something that would continue in my life. It's always been a part of my life."
Maybe sometime down the road she will come back, provided General Hospital is still on the air.
Kimberly also had this to say about the cancellation of soaps:
"The whole thing makes me sad. The networks are working so hard at all these other things to see what sticks, but they already have something that sticks and they're completely neglecting it. That doesn't make any sense to me."
She is totally right. It doesn't make any sense to soap fans either.


More Kimberly McCullough


Comments