Bergen Williams General Hospital

I've been on a health kick the past year, ever since it was discovered I was on the verge of diabetes and had high cholesterol. I'm not overweight, mid 30's, so just bad luck I guess. Articles on healthy living tend to pop out at me these days.
Bergen Williams, who plays Alice on General Hospital, beat cancer and lost 100 pounds all by eating a vegan diet. I say that's AWESOME! Way better than feeding into the pharmaceutical industry for treatments which only make you sicker.
The October 27, 2009 back issue of Soap Opera Digest has an interview with Bergen where she gives a couple of recipes: black bean soup, cookies, and a salad. She also highly recommends a book called The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long Term Health by Dr. T. Colin Campbell and Thomas M. Campbell II, which you can buy on Amazon.com. In fact, after reading the reviews, I just added it to my Amazon cart. One reviewer said his triglycerides, which is my problem, went from 200's to 64. My triglycerides were 758 a year ago, but with the low glycemic diet changes made so far they are low 100's. Always room for improvement though.
You can find Bergen on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/bergenw.
Bergen has also just launched a website called EatMeCookies.com where she sells healthy, organic cookies. YUM!


My Healthy Living Naturally Blog


More Bergen Williams


Comments

Anonymous said…
I think you look fabulous with all the weight you've lost, keep up the good work. I am a loyal fan of GH.