All My Children One Life to Live Cancelled

Just got done with lunch and checked my twitter feed. Saw some awful, awful news: All My Children and One Life to Live have officially been cancelled! Yup, craziness! So much for fan support.
All My Children goes off the air in September and One Life to Live is off the air in January.
They are being replaced by health and cooking shows: The Revolution and The Chew. Tell ya what: I won't be watching either one of those. I guarantee they won't last long. If you've seen one health or cooking show, you've seen them all. I've been watching soaps for over 30 years, and nothing will replace them.
With SoapNet going and now these two going, it won't be long and I won't even need a tv anymore.
All that will be left to watch will be new soaps on the internet like the one run by Crystal Chappell, Venice. Lots of former and current soap stars are in these. The casts are really diverse too. Downside is I'll have to upgrade my internet plan to accommodate the extra bandwidth.
Sad the next generation will never know what soaps are except for old clips. Things that go out always seem to make a comeback though. Maybe one day, years from now, the soap opera era will be revived, once networks figure out that cooking/health/talk shows just don't cut it.

Here's the official announcement from ABC regarding their very bad decision to cancel All My Children and One Life to Live.

For anyone on Twitter: Carolyn Hinsey came up with a great idea: Have Oprah take on All My Children and One Life to Live, so "Tweet this and make it trend: Oprah should take AMC and OLTL. She GETS the connection & 3 million people a day per show would be a huge hit for OWN! #SAVESOAPSOPRAH"

There's also a petition fans can sign to save All My Children and One Life to Live.

Here's a link to another save All My Children and One Life to Live petition.

UPDATE: Hoover is pulling all ads from ABC!


More Soap Opera Info


Comments