Dick Clark New Years Eve Ball Drop

Hope everyone is having a Happy New Years Day!
I'm a little tired today. I stayed up to watch Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve and the ball drop in Times Square. New Year's Eve is the only night of the year I stay up past 10, 10:30. Had a glass of red wine, cheese & crackers & watched while working on my oldest son's Star Wars puzzle.
The entertainment wasn't the greatest on Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve. I only watched from 10 - 11 and a few minutes after 12 though. The highlight of what I saw was Justin Bieber singing Let It Be and Santana. I've never heard any music by Justin Bieber, but I could see the attraction as he was singing Let It Be. He was actually really good.
Dick Clark made an appearance shortly before midnight to countdown. Always good to see him, but his skin color was way off, almost yellowish. His speech has greatly improved though. He had a stroke a few years ago. Regis Philbin filled in for him. Dick's wife was not there this year either. She has been there other years though.
It was the 40th anniversary of Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve. It was too bad they didn't do some sort of tribute to Dick and show clips from past years, unless that was done in the later part of the show I didn't watch. If it wasn't done, ABC definitely missed the ball on that, as usual.
According to Maria Shaw, the astrologer columnist in Soap Opera Digest, 2012 will be a year of change for just about everyone. Her predictions, for me, are pretty accurate.
Here's hoping 2012 will be a change for the good and much better than 2011.

Comments