One Life to Live Actors Join Prospect Park Mindless Behavior

I can't believe there are only 2 months left before the end of One Life to Live. The end of All My Children was bad enough, but I'm a fairly new fan, so it's demise wasn't that bad for me. One Life to Live is different though. I've watched since I was about 5. That's over 30 years. I only started watching because my mother watched. I was sick a lot when I was young, so soap operas were a good way to pass the time. We only received two channels and it was before VCR and DVD players, so I didn't have a lot of television viewing options.
All those years of watching soap operas stuck with me though. Some of my earliest memories involve soap opera characters. Sad, but true. lol. I remember Rob & Cassie, Herb Callison, Max & Gabrielle, Marco, Jenny & Brad, Larry Woleck. I'm pretty sure I was watching when Judith Light played Karen Woleck, but I don't remember it. I remember Asa & his many wives, the original Clint, Erin Torpey started playing Jessica when she was very young, Wanda, Renee, Carlo Hesser, Max's brother Steve, Antonio & Andy, the eterna & wild west storylines. Wow, lots of different characters over the years.
In recent years, One Life to Live has had popular bands play. Those performances have been pretty cool. A couple include Snoop Dogg and The Black Eyed Peas. I came across a band called Mindless Behavior that might be a good group to have on One Life to Live before it's end. They are an R&B boy band formed in 2008 consisting of Princeton, Ray Ray, Roc Royal and Prodigy. They were formed by well known music producer Walter Millsap. In 2010, Mindless Behavior released a single called "My Girl". It's a song about texting. They have opened for The Backstreet Boys, Justin Bieber and Janet Jackson. On September 20, 2011, Mindless Behavior released it's first highly anticipated album called #1 Girl. They perform the type of music which One Life to Live has been having performed on the show.
I hope One Life to Live has a few more performances before the end. They provide a nice distraction and it's something the other soaps don't do very often.
I do wonder how One Life to Live will end, but the Prospect Park deal sounds like it will be a good alternative to no One Life to Live. Ron Carlivati & Frank Valentini are both on board. Ron was actually going to jump ship to General Hospital and then reconsidered when offered a Prospect Park deal, so that's good news. One Life to Live actors signed up so far, pending union agreements, include Jerry verDorn (Clint), Melissa Archer (Natalie), Kelley Missal (Dani), Andrew Trischitta (Jack). Also on board are Ted King (Tomas), Sean Ringgold (Shaun), Michael Easton (John), Erika Slezak (Viki) and Kassie DePaiva (Blair).
I hope the Prospect Park deal works out and I hope the shows are broadcast on Verizon's VCast, so I don't have to increase my internet's mobile broadband plan. lol. BTW, E's Dirty Soap reality show is on Verizon's VCast, which I will post about another time. Dirty Soap is highly recommended!

Comments