Celebrity Gossip

When I was a little girl, my grandmother used to send over celebrity gossip magazines to my parent's house when she was done reading them. The magazines she would send over included The National Enquirer, Star, The Globe and The Sun. I would usually sneak a peek at them. I'd mostly look at the pictures, but then as I got older and learned how to read, I would read the articles too. I still remember reading about Liberace when he passed away and the alternative health methods Michael Landon supposedly used when he was battling cancer. Some of the articles were pretty outrageous and the majority of them were probably untrue, but for some unknown reason, the lives of celebrities always interested me. Probably because I lived in a small town where not much out of the ordinary ever happened.
I was sick a lot when I was young, so reading and watching television were my main activities.
Keeping up on celebrity gossip helped pass the time. It also gave me things to talk about with my grandmother. Before she got sick, one of the last few conversations I had with her on her front porch was around the time fashion designer Gianni Versace was murdered. I remember reading about this guy, Andrew Cunanan, who was wanted for murdering several people in different states. There were articles in all the magazines about him. Then suddenly Gianni Versace was murdered outside of his home. There were articles in all the magazines about his murder. Then it turned out that Andrew Cunanan was the one who murdered Gianni Versace. It was really interesting that I'd been reading about this unknown guy and his killing sprees, and then, suddenly, he ends up killing a world famous fashion designer. Very strange, eerie case.
Anyways, my interest in celebrity gossip continues to this day. These days I visit celebrity gossip websites and subscribe to People, Ok, US Weekly, Vanity Fair, Esquire and Soap Opera Digest. I've even turned my hobby of reading celebrity magazines into a small business, by selling the magazines when I'm done reading them. One of these days, I may even share all my useless celebrity gossip knowledge by starting a celebrity gossip blog.

Comments