Destructive Acts Of Nature

The weather this year has been really awful all across the US. An article in Newsweek the other day had a map of the US, and depending on where you live, you either have hurricanes, floods, fires or earthquakes.
I'm in upstate New York. About two months ago a tornado hit up the road and around the corner from my house at 5 in the morning. I was sleeping, but this big roaring noise woke me up. I hunkered down under the covers and went back to sleep. I'm glad we weren't in the tornadoes path, or we would have been blown away. On the drive to take my son to school, we were amazed at the damage that was done just up the road. A row of pine trees was snapped in half and a patio atop a garage was gone. Really scary stuff. That was only minor too, so I can't imagine when a tornado wipes out a whole town, like in Joplin, MO.
Flooding has been pretty frequent in nearby areas too. A trailer park was completely wiped out. Many homes have had their basements flooded. When I think of flooding, I can't help but remember Search for Tomorrow towards the end of it's run when they had that big flood. The whole town was wiped out. I can picture one of the female characters hanging on to a log floating down the river. I think I was about 11 when that aired.
Anyways, last year we felt the effects of an earthquake that originated in Canada.
No wild fires in this area yet.
If your home is lucky enough to survive these destructive acts of nature, then the work of cleaning things up begins. If damage is minor, you might be able to go it alone in cleaning things up. If there's major damage though, you are probably going to want to call in a professional.
If you are in the Austin, Texas area, there is a company called the Steam Team that would be helpful. If your home or business suffers fire damage, they have smoke and fire restoration services: http://www.thesteamteam.com/austin-restoration-services/smoke-fire.shtml.
If your home has been damaged by a hurricane or tornado, the Steam Team also offers hurricane water damage austin restoration services.
Here's to hoping these crazy weather patterns calm down soon.

Comments