My love for The Doctor

Guest post written by Karen Olive

When it comes to stuff that I like in pop culture, there really is no real pattern for it because I love stuff all across the board. I'll watch a show like Mad Men and then turn around and watch Jersey Shore, which are probably on the opposite ends of the spectrum as far as intelligence and deep thought go. So I'm pretty open to a lot of different things when it comes to movies and TV shows.

One of my friends had been ranting and raving about the show Doctor Who for a long time so I finally got around to borrowing his DVD sets from him. When I was looking some stuff up about some of the actors on IMDB with my clear internet, I saw that the guy who played The Doctor for a bunch of the seasons actually played Barty Crouch Jr. in one of the Harry Potter movies.

Then once I did a little more researching, I found out that the guy who plays The New Doctor used to be a rising soccer (or football in England) star before an injury caused him to quit and pursue acting instead.

Comments