Ricky Paull Goldin, Martha Byrne Quit



I don't know what's up with my Soap Opera Digest. It's been coming on Tuesday the week it goes on sale on the newsstands. It used to come on Thursdays the week before it hits the newsstands. I liked that better. I got to read what was going to happen before it aired. Oh well.
Anyways, a couple of big names on the CBS daytime soap operas have quit.
Yup, Ricky Paull Goldin of Guiding Light and Martha Byrne of As The World Turns have both quit.
Apparently Ricky will be heading to All My Children as Jake Martin. Good move on AMC's part, snagging him up.

According to SOD, Martha quit due to contract negotiation problems. She let TIIC's know she was willing to sign a multi year contract and was committed to the show. She'd already taken a pay cut in negotiations the year before, so gave them what she thought was a reasonable and workable request. Negotiations came to an impasse and Martha learned there was a call out to replace her. Once she found that out, Martha quit. Can't say I blame her. Martha has been on ATWT off and on since she was 19, for 23 years. When are TIIC going to learn you don't screw with the vets? You lose the vets, you lose the fans. It's as simple as that.


More Ricky Paull Goldin

More Martha Byrne

More As The World Turns

More Guiding Light

More All My Children

Comments